Wedding band or DJ? It’s one of the most common questions future brides and grooms have to consider when planning their wedding. While DJs have become popular and are a staple at many weddings, there is no substitute for live music. A live wedding band in Toronto has the ability to engage the crowd, get people dancing and offer a more authentic and memorable experience at your wedding reception.
And, no we’re not talking about a wedding singer (a la Adam Sandler) or a tribute band with limited song selection and rage. We are talking about booking a real band that can play all of your favorite songs and has a wide collection of songs from many different genres. There is nothing like getting everyone from the wedding party to your close friends, and even grandma and grandpa up on the dance floor – and this is something a great Toronto wedding band has the ability to do.
5 Reasons to Hire A Wedding Band
If you are still on the fence and not sure if a wedding band is for you, here are some of the most commonly cited reasons for hiring a wedding band to play at your reception:
- Live music: Nothing beats live music! It creates a more energetic atmosphere.
- Personal interaction: Live bands interact with the crowd, can take requests, change things up on the fly based on the mood in the room and create a more personized and engaging experience.
- Great song selection: Prior to the wedding you will have the chance to sit down with the wedding band and create a list of songs that you want played. This allows you to make the reception more personal, and more enjoyable. There is nothing like hearing your favorite song live!
- You can see them play in advance: One of the best things about considering a wedding band in Toronto is that you will often have the opportunity to see them play shows beforehand. All you need to do is check out one of their live gigs to get a sense of their performance, music selection and stage presence. You can also watch videos of previous performances online if you can’t make it out to see them live.
- Unique wedding experience: With so many people defaulting to a wedding DJ, having a live band play at your wedding will make your wedding different and more memorable. You could even hire the wedding band to play a song as you walk down the aisle or play an acoustic set at during cocktail hour before the reception.
Overall, hiring a wedding band in Toronto gives you more flexibility in terms of your music selection during your wedding. You just need to ensure you find a band that fits your wedding theme and personal musical taste.
Book Us As Your Wedding Band in Toronto
If you are planning a wedding in Toronto and are looking for an energetic and captivating wedding band for your reception, contact us to set up a meeting.